- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Charlotte Russe Recipe
|Unflavored gelatin||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Nuts||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 597 Calories from Fat 326
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.6%
Saturated Fat 21 g105%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 260.9 mg
Sodium 215.3 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 46.6 g
Protein 11 g22%
Vitamin A 7% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 20.2% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take an 8 inch spring-form pan and place ladyfingers upright along the sides.
2) Take a 2 quart saucepan and mix gelatin with 1/2 cup sugar and salt in it.
3) Beat egg yolks and milk together.
4) Add to the gelatin mixture.
5) Place over low heat for about 6 minutes or until gelatin is dissolved completely, stirring constantly.
6) Remove from heat and add brandy.
7) Chill until mixture mounds slightly when dropped from spoon.
8) Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
9) Gradually add remaining sugar, beating until stiff peaks form.
10) Fold in gelatin mixture, cherries, nuts and whipped cream.
11) Take a prepared pan and turn mixture into it.
12) Chill until firm.
13) Release spring and release the sides of mold carefully.
14) Garnish with additional whipped cream, shaved chocolate, chopped nuts and pieces of maraschino cherries.