- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chargrilled Lamb with Mint Pesto and Creamy Potatoes Recipe
|Lamb backstraps||1 Pound (4 Pieces, 450 Gram)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Potatoes||1 Pound, thinly sliced (500 Gram)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Plain flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Parmesan cheese||1 1⁄3 Ounce, grated (1/3 Cup, 40 Gram)|
|Cream||8 Fluid Ounce (1 Cup, 250 Milliliter)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon (Extra)|
|For mint pesto|
|Mint leaves||2 Ounce (1 Cup, 60 Gram)|
|Parsley leaves||1 Ounce (1/2 Cup, 30 Gram)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Pine nuts||3 Ounce, toasted (1/2 Cup, 90 Gram)|
|Parmesan cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Pecorino cheese||3 Tablespoon, grated|
|Olive oil||2 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (1/3 Cup, 85 Milliliter)|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g31.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 49.6 mg
Sodium 392.2 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 21 g41.8%
Vitamin A 14.2% Vitamin C 31.4%
Calcium 27.5% Iron 13.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Lightly grease an ovenproof dish with butter and arrange the potato slices in overlapping rows in the dish, seasoning between each layer with salt and pepper, garlic and nutmeg.
3. Mix the flour and Parmesan cheese into the cream and pour over the potatoes. Sprinkle with extra Parmesan cheese then bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until potatoes are cooked.
4. To make the pesto: place the mint, parsley, garlic, pine nuts and cheeses in the bowl of a food processor, and process until finely chopped. Add the olive oil in a steady stream with the processor still running. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
5. Preheat the chargnll plate (or pan), and grease lightly with a little oil. Chargnll the lamb on both sides for approximately 5-10 minutes or until done to your liking.
6. Serve the lamb sliced diagonally, on a bed of creamy potatoes with the mint pesto.