- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chardenoux's Salad Of Blue Cheese Nuts And Belgian Endive Recipe
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Extra-virgin olive oil/Hazelnut oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Belgian endives||2 Pound (About 8 Medium Heads)|
|Walnut pieces||1 Cup (16 tbs), freshly cracked|
|Roquefort cheese/Fourme d'ambert cheese||6 Ounce, crumbled (Imported French Variety)|
Calories 258 Calories from Fat 204
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.9%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g26.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.1 mg
Sodium 470.2 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 5 g19.9%
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 8 g16.9%
Vitamin A 53.6% Vitamin C 15.2%
Calcium 21% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a small bowl, add lemon juice and salt. Stir well to dissolve the salt.
2) Gradually pour in oil in a thin stream and continue whisking until the dressing is well blended.
3) Thoroughly rinse the endives in cold running water, pat dry with paper towels.
4) In a large salad bowl, place the separated endive leaves.
5) Sprinkle the green with walnuts and crumbled cheese.
6) Just before serving, whish the dressing once more and drizzle over the salad to toss well.