- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chard With Sour Cream Sauce Recipe
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion soup mix packet||1|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Calories 191 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.7%
Saturated Fat 5 g25%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 19.9 mg
Sodium 1036 mg43.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.5%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 7 g13.3%
Vitamin A 281.9% Vitamin C 114.5%
Calcium 17.5% Iron 24.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 325° F.
2) Remove stalks and coarse ribs from chard; chop coarsely.
3) Take a saucepan with salted boiling water and put chard in it.
4) Cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until tender. Drain well.
5) Blend sour cream and soup mix thoroughly.
6) Take a 1 1/2-quart greased casserole and combine soup mixture with chard in it.
7) Sprinkle walnuts on top.
8) Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
9) Serve Chard With Sour Cream Sauce hot.