- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Mexican Chard Soup Recipe Video
|Swiss chard||2⁄3 Pound, cleaned, ribs removed, and chopped|
|Egg||3 , beaten|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, diced|
|Chicken broth||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 145 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 158.6 mg
Sodium 2576.8 mg107.4%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 106.5% Vitamin C 55.7%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a large bowl combine the eggs and chard.
3. In a stockpot heat the oil over medium heat and cook the chopped onions until they are translucent.
4. Add the chard and egg mixture and stir until the eggs are cooked.
5. Add the tomato/garlic puree and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
7. Lower the heat to a simmer and cook covered for 20 minutes.
8. Add salt and pepper to taste.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com