- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Charcoal Grilled Beef Burger Roll Up Recipe
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Evaporated milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced (1 Can)|
|Eggs||2 (1 Package)|
|Bottled barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 738 Calories from Fat 476
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g82.2%
Saturated Fat 18.9 g94.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 235 mg
Sodium 1077.9 mg44.9%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10.1%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 36 g72.6%
Vitamin A 14.8% Vitamin C 12.3%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 17.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, lightly mix together all ingredients except barbecue sauce with a fork until well-blended.
2) On a sheet of heavy foil, roll meat into a length of 12-inch and then cover firmly, sealing lengthwise with a drugstore fold.
3) Seal by folding one end over and over and allow the roll to stand on end.
4) Gently pat to settle meat and fasten the other end.
5) Chill the roll in refrigerator till cooking time.
6) Grill the roll with its foil cover on white-hot coals for 40 minutes, rotating the roll by a quarter every 10 minutes.
7) Unwrap the roll by sliding it far away from heat and crush the foil around roll to form a cooking pan after opening it.
8) Apply barbecue sauce on roll generously and grill further, rotating and basting frequently with sauce, until meat is richly browned and have reached desired doneness.
9) Slice into thick pieces and serve hot for dinner or make into jumbo sandwiches.