- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Charcoal Baked Cod Steaks With Lemon Recipe
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Butter||8 Tablespoon, melted|
|Dry white wine||6 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 357 Calories from Fat 158
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.6%
Saturated Fat 10.6 g53%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 139.8 mg
Sodium 194 mg8.1%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 41 g82.5%
Vitamin A 20.6% Vitamin C 90.2%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pat fish steaks dry on paper toweling.
2. Rub salt and pepper on both sides on fish steaks.
3. Using a small sharp paring knife, peel skin and pith of lemons and thinly. Keep aside.
4. Cut out 6 (10-inch) squares of foil.
5. On center of each foil square, arrange slices of 1/2 a lemon
6. Place fish steak over the lemon.
7. Arrange remaining ½ lemon slices on top of the steak.
8. In a small bowl, blend butter, wine, garlic and parsley.
9. Spoon this dressing equally over the fish steaks.
10. Wrap each steak into a tightly sealed parcel.
11. Heat a coal or electric grill.
12. Cook fish in foil for 15 to 20 minutes.
13. Place 1 parcel on each serving plate.
14. Unwrap the parcel, crumpling the foil around the steak to keep it warm.
15. Serve immediately.