- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Char Sui Beef Kabobs Recipe Video
|London broil beef roast||2 Pound, cut into 2-inch pieces (Dietz and Watson)|
|Bacon||1 Pound (Dietz and Watson Gourmet Imported)|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into large pieces|
|Bell peppers||2 Large, cut into large pieces|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, unsalted|
|Char sui sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1717 Calories from Fat 662
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 75 g115.8%
Saturated Fat 29.7 g148.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 130.7 mg
Sodium 7174.2 mg298.9%
Total Carbohydrates 104 g34.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 84 g
Protein 150 g300.7%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 266.7%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To Prepare the Skewers:
1. Soak 4 bamboo skewers (8 to 12 inches long) in water for about 30 minutes.
2. Alternately you can use metal skewers.
3. On each skewer place a piece of Angus Beef, then a strip of bacon, then the onion, then the pepper.
4. Repeat until you have used four pieces of ring bologna, three strips of bacon, three pieces of onion and three pieces of pepper.
5. Repeat with the other three skewers.
6. Lightly salt and pepper each skewer, brush with a bit of vegetable oil and let marinate for 1 hour.
7. In a large skillet heat the butter and add the skewers, searing them over high heat on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
8. Remove skewers, set aside and then baste with Char Sui Sauce.
9. Serve with tortellini salad, tomato fresco and garnish with fried wantons.