- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chapati Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (or whole wheat flour)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 143
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 487 mg20.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 13 g25.8%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 1.9% Iron 32.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large bowl, pour ½ of the water, salt and stir to dissolve the salt.
2. Add the flour and mix well with hands.
3. Put oil and continue kneading with hands.
4. Pour water slowly and knead till it forms soft dough. Dough should not be runny or sticky. If water added is more then add a little more flour and knead to bring to right consistency.
5. Put it on a flat surface and continue kneading for another 10 minutes till it is soft and elastic.
6. Grease your hands and make small round balls of the dough. Cover and let it sit of 15 minutes.
7. Take a dough ball and place it on a flat surface and roll it into a circle with a rolling pin. If the dough sticks to the rolling pin, sprinkle some flour on it.
8. Repeat this process to all the dough balls.
9. Heat a pan on medium high heat and cook the chapatti till both the sides are cooked. Turn the chapatti every 45 seconds. Remove from the pan once done.
10. Repeat this process with the other chapattis.
11. In a serving plate, place the chapatti and serve hot with a curry or stew.