- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chap Chae Recipe
|Fillet steak/Rump steak||12 Ounce, trimmed of fat and cut into thin strips (375 Gram)|
|Egg noodles||4 Ounce (125 Gram, Thread Noodles)|
|Groundnut oil/Corn oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, thinly sliced|
|Carrot||2 , cut into fine strips|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (125 Gram)|
|Chinese leaves||4 Ounce, shredded (125 Gram)|
|Spinach leaves||4 Ounce, torn into pieces (125 Gram)|
|Spring onion tops||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (As Needed, For Garnish)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Groundnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Soft brown sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Spring onion||1 , chopped|
|Fresh ginger root piece||1⁄2 Inch, peeled, crushed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
Calories 530 Calories from Fat 302
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.3%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 79.9 mg
Sodium 637.4 mg26.6%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.4%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 25 g49.8%
Vitamin A 182.8% Vitamin C 46.9%
Calcium 15.5% Iron 21.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, put together all marinade ingredients and mix well.
2. Add steak strips to the marinade and stir to coat evenly.
3. Cover the bowl and leave it to marinate in a cool place for about 30 minutes.
4. In a large saucepan, bring water to boil.
5. Add egg noodles, cover the pan and immediately remove from the heat.
6. Let it stand for 6 minutes.
7. Drain the noodles and chop them into 5-7 cm (2-3 inch) lengths with kitchen scissors.
8. In a wok or a deep heavy frying pan, heat oil.
9. Add all the marinated steaks and excess marinade.
10. Stir-fry briskly over high heat for about 5 minutes until the steaks are tender but still pink in the centre.
11. Spoon the stir fried steaks out of the wok and set aside.
12. Reduce the heat to low.
13. Add onion and stir-fry until soft and is light golden in color.
14. Add carrots and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes.
15. Add mushrooms, Chinese leaves and spinach.
16. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
17. Return the stir fried steak to the wok and add the noodles.
18. Turn heat to maximum.
19. Toss the ingredients together and heat thoroughly.
20. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
21. Transfer the ingredients to a warm serving bowl.
22. Garnish with chopped spring onion tops.
23. Serve at once.