- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chantilly Crepes Recipe
|For crepe batter|
|Biscuit mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||2 1⁄3 Cup (37.33 tbs)|
|Apricot preserves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Aromatic bitters||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Toasted slivered almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Powdered sugar||1 Tablespoon (for dusting)|
Calories 661 Calories from Fat 217
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.9%
Saturated Fat 11.7 g58.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 169.8 mg
Sodium 130.9 mg5.5%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g34.9%
Dietary Fiber 5 g20%
Sugars 66.1 g
Protein 9 g18.6%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 50%
Calcium 22% Iron 11.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. To make the filling, in small non-metalic bowl combine preserves, brown sugar, lemon juice and bitters. Set aside or refrigerate, covered until required.
2. To make the crepe batter, in a medium dry bowl, mix biscuit mix and sugar.
3. In a large bowl, break eggs.
4. Use an electric beater or a wire whisk to beat the eggs until well blended and thick,
5. While whisking constantly but lightly, fold in the dry ingredients, alternately adding milk. Alternately, make the batter in a food processor if you like, stopping the motor once or twice to scrape flour from the side of container with a rubber spatula.
6. Once the batter is smooth, cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before cooking.
7. Heat a lightly oiled 6-7 inch crepe pan or frying pan, preferably non-stick.
8. Sprinkle a few drops of water on the pan. They should bounce about.
9. Use a ladle or a measure cup to pour 1/4 cup batter in the center of the pan.
10. Quickly and swiftly swirl the pan to spread the batter evenly in a thin layer.
11. Cook for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned at the bottom and top surface is dry to touch.
12. Turn and cook the other side.
13. Remove onto a wax paper lined plate.
14. Continue to make remaining crepes and stack between sheets of wax paper, to cool.
15. Just before serving, peel and slice banana crosswise
16. Reserving 12 slices for garnish, toss the remaining with 1 cup of the prepared preserves mixture.
17. Fold remaining preserve mixture into whipped cream.
18. To assemble the crepes, spoon 1/4 cup of the filling down the center of each crepe.
19. Fold over the sides neatly.
20. Reheat in a pan using a little butter, until golden.
21. Slide onto a serving plate.
22. Dollop the crepes with whipped cream and garnish with slivered almonds.
23. Dust the crepes and plate with powdered sugar.
24. Serve immediately.