- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Champs Elysees Potatoes Recipe
|Irish potatoes||8 Large|
|Cooking oil||4 Ounce|
|Butter||1 Ounce (To Serve)|
|Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon (To Garnish)|
Calories 260 Calories from Fat 165
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.7 mg
Sodium 473.1 mg19.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 2 g3.5%
Vitamin A 9% Vitamin C 23.9%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Peel potatoes and slice thinly.
2. Cut the slices into matchstick like fine strips.
3. Finely slice the mushrooms.
4. In a large skillet, melt a little butter and sauté the mushrooms until tender. Remove to a bowl
5. In the same skillet, add a little oil.
6. Make layers of potatoes and mushrooms, alternately, sprinkling each layer with a little salt and pepper.
7. Make 4 layers of potatoes and 3 layers of mushrooms.
8. Cover the pan and place on a medium flame.
9. Cook for 10 minutes.
10. Uncover and drizzle more oil and increase the flame. Cook for 5 minutes until the bottom is nicely browned and crispy.
11. Carefully invert onto a plate and slide back into the pan and cook on the other side for 5 minutes until browned.
12. Drain off excess oil.
13. Slide onto a platter.
14. Dollop with butter and sprinkle with parsley.
15. Serve hot and crisp.