- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Champignons Sous Cloche Recipe
|Crusty bread slices||8 (Cut From The Wide Part Of A Loaf Of French Or Italian Bread)|
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dried chervil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||8 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry||8 Teaspoon|
|Parsley sprigs||6 (For Garnish)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1717 Calories from Fat 1087
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 125 g192.7%
Saturated Fat 74.1 g370.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 357.9 mg
Sodium 2428.4 mg101.2%
Total Carbohydrates 129 g43.1%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 35 g69.3%
Vitamin A 95.2% Vitamin C 52.3%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 43.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. In a bowl, whip the butter for a few minutes until it is fluffy. Beat in the lemon juice, chervil, salt, and pepper. Spread the bread generously with this mixture.
3. Put the slices in eight individual baking dishes or in an oblong shallow earthenware or pyrex dish.
4. Cut the stems from the mushrooms flush with the caps. Butter the tops of the caps with the seasoned butter. Arrange the caps, round side up, to form a mound on each piece of toast. Cool, cover, and refrigerate.
5. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
6. Spoon a little heavy cream over each mound of mushrooms. Cover the dish or dishes with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
7. Before serving, remove the foil and pour a teaspoonful of sherry over each mound of mushrooms. Garnish with parsley and serve at once.