- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Champagne and Mushroom Risotto Recipe
|Dried wood ear mushroom||1 Ounce|
|Fresh mushroom||8 Ounce, thickly sliced (assorted)|
|Unsalted butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Shallot||3 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Arborio rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (any Italian risotto rice)|
|Sparkling wine||8 Ounce|
|Chicken stock||6 Cup (96 tbs), warmed (5-6, as required)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Flat leaf parsley||1 Teaspoon (for garnish)|
Calories 795 Calories from Fat 182
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 43.1 mg14.4%
Sodium 998.7 mg41.6%
Total Carbohydrates 132 g43.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.9 g23.7%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 12 g24.7%
Vitamin A 14.4% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, soak dried ear mushroom in boiling water. Cover it with lid, and allow it to sit for about 10 minutes.
2. With a sieve, drain mushroom, and reserve the stock for later use. Set stock and mushroom aside.
3. Place a deep sided sauté pan over medium-low heat, and pour 2 tablespoon butter and olive oil in it.
4. Throw shallots and sauté for 2 minutes. Insert garlic and cook for one more minute.
5. Pop in fresh mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
6. Add wood ear mushrooms, and stir to incorporate.
7. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
8. Add rice, and stir until oil coat the grains.
9. Pour wine, mix it well, and cook until completely absorbed.
10. Stir in stock, a cup at a time, letting rice absorb the liquid. Cook for about 30 minutes, or until the risotto is creamy and soft.
11. Season with salt and pepper.
12. Remove the pan from heat and stir in butter.
13. Garnish risotto with fresh cilantro and serve it hot.
You can also use mushroom stock, if required to cook rice.