- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chakka Ada Recipe
|Rice flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), roasted|
|Ripe jackfruit||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Warm water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Cardamom powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Dry ginger powder||1 Teaspoon, optional|
|Cumin seed powder||1 Teaspoon, optional|
|Banana leaves||10 Small, central stem removed|
|Ghee||2 Teaspoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2649 Calories from Fat 628
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 73 g112.3%
Saturated Fat 49.8 g249.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 107.2 mg35.7%
Sodium 188.9 mg7.9%
Total Carbohydrates 489 g163.1%
Dietary Fiber 23.1 g92.4%
Sugars 139.5 g
Protein 28 g55.3%
Vitamin A 19.7% Vitamin C 45.3%
Calcium 38.2% Iron 59%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Halve a ripe small sized jackfruit. Remove its gums using newspaper and halve it once again. Remove the central core and pluck the bulbs using hand or knife. Cut the bulbs into small pieces and keep them aside.
2. In a bowl add roasted rice powder, water and knead well to the consistency of dough. Make equal sized balls and keep it aside.
3. In a kadai, heat 2 tbsp ghee, stir in jaggery, jack fruit and cook over low heat until the water evaporates.
4. Add coconut, cardamom powder, cumin seed powder, ginger powder and cook for about 5 minutes. The chakka ada filling is ready.
5. Grease a banana leaf with melted ghee and press a ball of dough against it.
6. Spoon sweet chakka ada filling over one half of the pressed dough and fold it at half to join both ends. Press the leaf from all sides to avoid spilling of ingredients. Arrange dough filled banana leaves in a plate.
7. In a steamer, add some water and place the plate of stuffed banana leaves over it. Close the lid of steamer and cook for about 15-20 minutes.
8. Serve this chakka ada with hot cup of tea or coffee.