- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chai Tea Latte - Homemade Recipe Video
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tea bags||2 (choice of flavor)|
|Cinnamon powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|All spice powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Non dairy creamer||2 Tablespoon, chilled (French Vanilla)|
|Whipped cream||1 Tablespoon (or 1 pinch nutmeg powder) (Optional)|
|Ground nutmeg||1 Dash (Optional)|
Calories 277 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.9%
Saturated Fat 3.9 g19.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 22 mg7.3%
Sodium 48.7 mg2%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g14.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.7 g6.6%
Sugars 31.5 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 2.6% Vitamin C 0.72%
Calcium 16.3% Iron 2.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan or pot, pour water and milk and put the tea bags.
2. Place it on the stove on medium heat, bring it to a boil.
3. Remove from heat and let it steep for 5 minutes.
4. Add cinnamon, ginger, all spice and brown sugar. Stir to combine all.
5. Place it back on the stove on medium heat and bring it back to boil.
6. Remove from heat and add vanilla creamer. Mix well by stirring.
7. In a serving mug or cup, pour/ strain the tea and serve hot topped with cool whip sprinkled with cinnamon or nutmeg if desired.