- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chai Spicy Indian Tea Recipe
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Milk||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|Ginger||2 Tablespoon (Preferably Freshly Grated)|
|Peppermint tea||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 3.5 g17.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.8 mg
Sodium 83.6 mg3.5%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.1%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 3.9% Vitamin C 2.3%
Calcium 23.1% Iron 2.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, add water and the spices.
2) Bring this to a boil over high heat.
3) Let it boil for 3 minutes and after that reduce the heat.
4) Stir in milk, honey, peppermint and black peppercorns.
5) Continue heating till the point, it starts boiling again.
6) Turn off the flame and remove the saucepan from heat.
7) Cover with a lid and let it steep for another 10 minutes.
8) Strain in tea cups and serve with crackers or cookies.