- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Onion Risotto Recipe Video
|Butter/Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Cooked organic brown rice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Butternut squash||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked, chopped|
|Parsley||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Figs||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Balsamic vinegar||6 Tablespoon|
|Pure maple syrup||6 Tablespoon|
|Mushroom||3 Large, sliced|
|Country onion spice blend||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||2 Cup (32 tbs) (1-2 cups as needed)|
|Sea salt||To Taste|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon, grated (Optional)|
Calories 378 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.4%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g24%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.7 mg
Sodium 1599.1 mg66.6%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.9%
Sugars 25.5 g
Protein 7 g13.8%
Vitamin A 104.8% Vitamin C 51.7%
Calcium 14.2% Iron 15.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chop figs and marinate it with balsamic vinegar and maple syrup. Set it aside for 15 minutes.
2. Place a pan on medium to medium high heat and melt butter in it.
3. Drop onion and cook until caramelized.
4. Add mushroom, spice blend, and water in pan. Do not pour too much water that the mixture becomes too soupy.
5. Drop marinated figs in THE pan, reserving a few and the vinaigrette for garnish later. Stir and allow it to cook.
6. Drop rice, squash, and parsley. Mix to combine. Reduce the heat to medium low and cook for a few minutes or until the flavors come together.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
8. Serve risotto with balsamic vinaigrette, fig pieces, and Parmesan cheese garnish.