- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Ceviche Paradiso Recipe
|Tomatoes||2 Pound, peeled and chopped (Very Ripe But Firm)|
|Onions||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||2 Tablespoon, minced|
|Ketchup||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Green olives||1 Cup (16 tbs), halved|
|Pickled jalapeno||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt||4 Teaspoon (1 Teaspoon Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Fresh orange juice||6 Ounce|
|Firm white fish fillets||2 Pound, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (Fresh)|
|Fresh lime juice||4 Ounce|
|Cocktail shrimp||1 Pound, cooked|
|Virgin olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ripe avocados||2 , sliced|
Calories 201 Calories from Fat 93
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 0.94 g4.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 64.5 mg
Sodium 790.8 mg33%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g10.9%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 14 g27.6%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, mix together tomatoes, onions, garlic, ketchup, olives, jalapenos, pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, oregano, bay leaves, cilantro, and orange juice.
2) Cover and refrigerate the sauce 2 to 3 hours.
3) In a pot, boil the water with 1 tablespoon salt.
4) Take the off the heat and immediately add fish fillets, cooking slightly for only 30 to 45 seconds.
5) Using slotted spoon remove, drain and cool the fish.
6) In a bowl, mix the fish with lime juice, allow to marinate for 15 minutes, and drain.
7) Mix the fish with the very cold tomato sauce.
8) Stir in the cooked shrimp and olive oil.
9) Allow to marinate the ceviche in the refrigerator, covered, 2 to 4 hours before serving.
10) Garnish individual portions with slices of ripe avocado.