- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Trout fillets/Mackerel, / pompano fillets||1 Pound|
|Lemon juice/Lime juice||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , peeled, seeded, and chopped|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Large, diced|
|Dried cilantro/1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves, minced||2 3⁄4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic cloves||2 Large, pressed|
|Pimiento-stuffed olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Fresh lime juice/Vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Avocado||1 Small, peeled, seeded, and diced|
Calories 859 Calories from Fat 492
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g85.3%
Saturated Fat 5 g25.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2357.1 mg98.2%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.1%
Sugars 15.4 g
Protein 58 g115.1%
Vitamin A 67.9% Vitamin C 239.8%
Calcium 37.7% Iron 119.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make out 1- x 1/4-inch strips from the fish.
2) Place inside a glass or earthenware bowl, but not metal.
3) Pour in 3/4 cup lime juice to cover the fish.
4) Place inside the refrigerator to marinate for 2-4 hours by covering with a lid.
5) Discard excess liquid from the fish by pressing out and transfer fish strips into a bowl.
6) In another bowl, add next 10 ingredients to combine.
7) Spread this over the fish.
8) Place it back into refrigerator, until it is time to serve.
9) Just before serving, place avocado on top of the fish. Serve with crunchy tortilla chips on side.