- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cepes Farcis Aux Escargots Et Fumet De Vin Rouge Recipe
|Cepe/24 button mushrooms||12 Medium|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken breast||4 1⁄2 Ounce, cooked (120 Gram)|
|Shallot||1 , finely chopped|
|Fennel bulb||1⁄2 , peeled and finely diced|
|Snails||12 , prepared|
|Whipping cream||9 Fluid Ounce, chilled (275 Milliliter)|
|Parsley||3 Ounce (Small Bunch)|
|Almonds||10 , flaked, toasted|
|Garlic||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|White breadcrumbs||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Groundnut oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Hazelnut oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Shallots||4 , finely chopped|
|Red wine||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Concentrated veal stock||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||1⁄4 Clove (1.25 gm)|
Calories 484 Calories from Fat 267
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.1%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 171 mg57%
Sodium 325.7 mg13.6%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 20 g40.8%
Vitamin A 34.1% Vitamin C 42.1%
Calcium 13% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2. In a blender, puree the chicken breast with the egg yolk and 1 level teaspoon salt.
3. With a cloth, cover the bowl and chill for 15 minutes.
4. To prepare the breadcrumbs, puree the parsley, almonds and garlic.
5. Mix the puree with the breadcrumbs and stir in the groundnut and hazelnut oils until you get a sandy texture. Keep aside.
6. Remove the stalks from the cepes and mushrooms (reserve them for the sauce) and wipe the heads clean. Make a hole in each head for the mousse.
7. Wash the snails in running cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
8. Add salt and pepper.
9. In a pan, heat ½ teaspoon butter and sweat the shallot and fennel for 1 minute.
10. In another pan, saute the snails for 1-2 minutes in 1/2 teaspoon hot butter and cool them.
11. Slice 9 of the 12 snails lengthways in half and cube the remaining 3. Add the cubes to the shallot and fennel.
12. Mix in the chilled cream to the pureed chilled chicken.
13. Stir in the Pernod and adjust the seasoning. Strain the mixture through a sieve.
14. Next, add the chopped shallot, fennel and snails to the strained mixture and refrigerate again.
15. In another pan, rub with the garlic and add the olive oil.
16. When really hot add the cepes, salt and pepper to taste, and saute for 1 minute only.
17. Place them upside down on a tray and cool.
18. Fill the cooled cepes with the mousse and chill for 1/2 hour.
19. In a pan, sweat the finely chopped shallots in butter without browning, and add a quarter of the cepe stalks or all the button mushroom stalks, chopped, along with the red wine. Reduce the mixture by two-thirds.
20. Stir in the veal stock, thyme, garlic and tarragon and bring the mixture to the boil. Reduce until you have a shiny, pouring-consistency sauce. Strain the sauce.
21. Beat the egg yolk reserved for the cepes in 1 tablespoon butter.
22. Take the cepes out, brush the mousse with the yolk mixture and roll the cepes in the breadcrumbs.
23. Take a buttered roasting tray place the cepes. Cook for 15 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
24. Warm the half-snails over a low heat for a while.
25. On a plate, place the mushrooms in the middle, pour the sauce around them and garnish with the half snails.