- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Celery en Casserole Recipe
|Celery||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 155 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.6 mg
Sodium 510.8 mg21.3%
Total Carbohydrates 4 g1.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.62 g2.5%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 6 g11.1%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 3.4%
Calcium 14.4% Iron 0.62%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400° F.
2) Take a saucepan with boiling water and cook celery in it.
3) Add bouillon cubes and cook until tender.
4) In the meanwhile, fry bacon until brown and crisp.
5) Break in the crumbles.
6) Add onion to the leftover bacon fat and cook until tender.
7) Take a grease 2 quart casserole and arrange drained celery in it.
8) Scatter over onion and bacon crumbles.
9) Sprinkle with grated cheese and drizzle butter on top.
10) Bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
11) Serve Celery en Casserole hot.