- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Celery Hearts with Spiced Tomato Sauce Recipe
|Celery hearts||6 , trimmed to same length, all leaves cut off|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||2|
|Garlic||1 1⁄2 Clove (7.5 gm), 1 cut and 1/2 minced|
|Catsup||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salad oil||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Celery seed||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 131 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.5%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1434.9 mg59.8%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.5%
Sugars 11.8 g
Protein 2 g3.1%
Vitamin A 13.3% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Seal the top of each heart with a string to hold together.
2. In a wide shallow pan heat boiling water to cover celery hearts.
3. Mix bouillon cubes and 1 teaspoon salt.
4. Add celery and cook covered for 10 to 12 minutes.
5. Chill overnight.
6. Rub cut garlic on a small bowl.
7. In the bowl, mix minced garlic, catsup, salad oil, wine vinegar, celery seed, and the 1/4 teaspoon salt.
8. Remove strings from celery.
9. Arrange celery on a serving dish and drizzle some of the sauce over.
10. Pass extra sauce with it.