- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Celery En Casserole Recipe
|Celery bunch||1 Large|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Grated swiss cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Melted margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 885 Calories from Fat 678
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 77 g118%
Saturated Fat 45.6 g228%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 216 mg
Sodium 3037.3 mg126.6%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.5%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 32 g63.2%
Vitamin A 48.3% Vitamin C 18.5%
Calcium 81.4% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2. Clean the celery by washing it and removing its leaves. Chop it into pieces.
3. Take a saucepan and add water to it. When the water starts boiling add the bouillon cubes and celery and cook until they turn soft. The celery should cover the bouillon cubes nicely.
4. Cook the mixture until it breaks in crumbles.
5. Take a skillet and add bacon fat to it. Fry the onions until they turn soft.
6. Arrange the celery in 2-quart casserole after draining them.
7. Spread the mixture over bacon crumbles and onions.
8. Spray the grated cheese over the mixture and drizzle it with butter.
9. Bake the mixture for about 10 minutes at 400° F until the cheese melts.
10. Serve as required.