- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Celery Braised In Broth Recipe
|Canned chicken broth||21 Ounce (2 Cans, 10 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Carrots||2 , sliced|
|Celery||4 Bunch (400 gm), trimmed and sliced|
Calories 66 Calories from Fat 10
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.8%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 147.1 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 3 g12.1%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 4 g8.7%
Vitamin A 110.9% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 6.4% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Chill chicken broth until the fat rises to the top and can be easily whisked.
2. In a large skillet, place onion and carrot slices and cover with celery.
3. Pour the skimmed broth to the skillet.
4. Add enough water until the vegetables get covered.
5. Put the skillet lid and cook until the mixture boils.
6. Then, simmer on low heat for about 45 minutes until the vegetables are soft and tender.
7. Serve piping hot.