- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Celeriac Fritters with Caper and Rosemary Aioli Recipe
|Olive oil||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), roasted|
|Egg yolks/Other hot mustard||1|
|Dijon mustard||1 Teaspoon|
|Small capers||2 Teaspoon|
|Celeriac||21 Ounce (600 Gram, Medium Sized)|
|Milk||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (100 Milliliter)|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||7 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Hard cheese||2 Ounce, very finely grated (50 Gram, Desmond Or Parmesan)|
|Plain flour||3 1⁄2 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Deep Frying)|
Calories 1318 Calories from Fat 880
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 100 g153.1%
Saturated Fat 18 g90.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 289.5 mg
Sodium 1067.9 mg44.5%
Total Carbohydrates 84 g28%
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g25.4%
Sugars 8.5 g
Protein 26 g51.3%
Vitamin A 9.3% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 51.3% Iron 32.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Making the rosemary oil: To a pan, add 2 sprigs of rosemary. Add oil enough to cover the sprigs. Heat over gentle flame for a few minutes only.
2) Remove from heat and let it cool for 30 mins. Strain the oil through a sieve into a jug. There should be a strong hint of rosemary in the oil but it should not be not be overpowering. If you find it very strong, dilute it with some fresh oil.
3) Making the aioli sauce: Remove the roasted garlic flesh out of its skin. Put it in a food processor along with the egg, egg yolk and mustard and blend for 1 minute.
4) As you are blending it, slowly pour in 200ml rosemary oil. Continue blending till a thick consistency is reached.
5) Finally, Add in the capers, salt and pepper, and blend for a few seconds.
6) Making the celeriac fritters: Remove skin from the celeriacs. Cut the flesh into bite sized pieces, just over 5mm thick.
7) Cook the celeriac in boiling water for 5 to 8 mins, till it becomes just tender. Remove from heat and coool under cold running water.
8) In a bowl, whip the eggs and milk together. And in a separate bowl, mix the breadcrumbs and cheese together.
9) Cover the celeriac pieces first in flour. Then, dip it in the egg mix, and finally roll over the breadcrumbs.
10) In a deep-fryer or large saucepan, heat some vegetable oil to about 170C. If, you are using a saucepan, add a few bread crumbs to see if it has heated up. The crumbs will start to rise in the oil and turn golden in about 15 seconds.
11) In the hot oil, deep-fry the celeriac fritters in batches. until crisp and lightly browned. Keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest. )
12) Serve fritters hot with the aioli dip.