- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make Cedar Plank Salmon Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (For greasing)|
|Salmon filets||1 Pound|
|For zinfandel sauce|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), minced|
|Tomato paste||1 Teaspoon|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Zinfandel wine)|
|Canned beef broth||2 Can (20 oz)|
|Bouquet garni||1 Bunch (100 gm) (thyme and parsley)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Flour||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1149 Calories from Fat 366
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.5%
Saturated Fat 10.7 g53.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 367.7 mg
Sodium 1494.6 mg62.3%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.5%
Sugars 11.3 g
Protein 144 g288.5%
Vitamin A 134.8% Vitamin C 31.8%
Calcium 21% Iron 24.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will Need1 Cedar plank
1. Soak cedar plank for 4 hours to overnight.
2. Preheat grill to medium high.
3. Brush the cedar plank with extra virgin olive oil and lay the fish on. Check for pin bones and then season with salt and pepper.
4. Place cedar plank on grill and cook covered for 10-20 minutes.
5. To prepare the blueberry zinfandel sauce - In a large pot heat extra virgin olive oil.
6. To the pan add in the carrots and onions and sauté until golden brown, for 11 to 12 minutes.
7. Add in the celery to the pot and sauté for 8 minutes.
8. Stir in the tomato paste and cook until its rust in color, for 4 minutes.
9. Deglaze the pan red wine and simmer until reduced by half.
10. Pour in the beef broth to the pot, followed by bay leaf, and a Bouquet garni and simmer until the sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon.
11. If the sauce is too thin make a paste with equal parts butter and flour. And add to the sauce.
12. Add in the blueberries and season with salt and pepper.
13. Serve the salmon with the Blueberry Zinfandel Sauce.