- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower Beef Casserole Recipe
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Pound|
|Seasoned bread cubes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 626 Calories from Fat 419
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 47 g72.3%
Saturated Fat 20.2 g100.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 123.6 mg41.2%
Sodium 704.5 mg29.4%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.7%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 34 g68.5%
Vitamin A 9.2% Vitamin C 112.5%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375° F.
2) Take a saucepan and boil salted water in it. Add cauliflower and cook until partially tender.
3) Take a skillet and sauté beef in it along with salt, onion and 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco.
4) In the meanwhile, take a small saucepan and combine together milk, flour, oil and remaining Tabasco in it. Stir over low heat until thick.
5) Add cheese and heat until melted.
6) Take a 2 quart casserole and put meat in it. Cover with a layer of bread cubes.
7) Add cauliflower and pour the prepared cheese sauce all over.
8) Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until casserole in heated through and sauce turns bubbly.
9) Serve Cauliflower Beef Casserole hot.