- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower With Garlic And Sesame Seeds Recipe
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, broken|
|Vegetable oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||5 Clove (25 gm), peeled|
|Sesame seeds||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g37%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 216.6 mg9%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 8.3 g33%
Sugars 6.9 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 1.7% Vitamin C 223.7%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 14.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a large, heavy-gauge saucepan and add about 3 ltrs (5 pints) of water. Bring it to a boil.
2. Add 1 tablespoon of salt.
3. Add cauliflower and boil rapidly for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
4. Drain in colander and keep them aside.
5. In large skillet, heat oil on medium flame.
6. Once hot, add garlic and fry until light brown. Keep stirring.
7. Add sesame seeds and cook until turn darker or begin to pop.
8. Add the cauliflower. Stir gently until evenly coated with sesame seeds.
9. Add cayenne, black pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Stir well.
10. Serve in a serving bowl.