- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Parmesan Cauliflower Soup Recipe
|Cauliflower||1 1⁄2 Pound (Use 1 Small Sized)|
|Shredded process swiss cheese||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Seasoned bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon, melted (1/2 Stick)|
Calories 173 Calories from Fat 111
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g31.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36.2 mg
Sodium 377.2 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.2%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.8%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 87.8%
Calcium 10.9% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Remove the green leaves from the cauliflower. Cut of florets of desired size from the head.
2) In a medium-size saucepan, cook florets in lightly salted boiling water covered with lid for about 10 minutes until just tender. Drain off excess water.
3) Take a 6-cup shallow baking dish and add the florets in it.
4) In a small bowl, combine cheeses and bread crumbs. Add melted butter or margarine on top.
5) Toss lightly to mix and sprinkle the mixture on the florets.
6) Bake in hot oven (425°) until the topping is golden for about 10 minutes.
7) Serve hot as the cheese melts.