- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hearty Cauliflower Soup Recipe Video
|Leek||3 Medium, chopped|
|Potato||1 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Cauliflower||1 Medium, chopped|
|Chicken stock||1 Liter|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Cracked black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
Calories 513 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.2%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g73.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.7 mg
Sodium 973.4 mg40.6%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.8%
Sugars 17.6 g
Protein 16 g31.7%
Vitamin A 88.4% Vitamin C 222.2%
Calcium 22.5% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a heavy stockpot, add the leeks, cauliflower and potato with the chicken stock.
2) Bring to a simmer and cook until vegetables are tender.
3) Carefully puree the ingredients either with stick blender, food processor, or blender.
4) Return to the stockpot, add cream and bring back to a simmer.
5) Simmer the soup until just warm, the add salt & pepper to taste.
6) Ladle the cauliflower soup into bowls and serve hot.