- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower Pickle Recipe
|Ginger piece||1 Inch|
|Water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Dried red chilies||12|
|Turmeric powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Asafoetida||1 1⁄4 Pinch (Or A Large Pinch)|
|Peppercorns||6 (A Few)|
Calories 106 Calories from Fat 31
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 4 g5.4%
Saturated Fat 0.33 g1.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 1379.1 mg57.5%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.6%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 7 g13.2%
Vitamin A 9.4% Vitamin C 193.7%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Wash, scrape and cut the ginger into slivers.
3. Cut two lemons into pieces and extract juice of the other two lemons. Keep aside.
4. Boil the water with salt, and cool thoroughly. To this add the cauliflower florets and stems along with the ginger and lemon pieces. Cover and leave overnight.
5. Next day drain out all the water, and set aside the cauliflower, ginger and lemon pieces.
6. To the drained salt solution, add the dry masalas and grind to a paste.
7. To this paste add the vegetable pieces and mix thoroughly, adding the lemon juice.
8. Transfer them to a jar, cover and store. Refrigerated, this pickle will keep for a week or so.