- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower in Parmesan Wine Sauce Recipe
|Olive oil/Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped scallions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned ready to serve chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry white table wine||1 Teaspoon|
|Blanched cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄2 Ounce|
|Crisp bacon slice||1 , crumbled|
|Chopped fresh basil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 54 Calories from Fat 22
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g3.9%
Saturated Fat 0.86 g4.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.5 mg1.2%
Sodium 117.3 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 5 g1.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 1.7 g
Protein 4 g7.9%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 4.7% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 9-inch skillet, heat oil.
2) In the hot oil, add the chopped bell pepper and scallions.
3) Over medium-high heat, cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the pepper is tender-crisp. Stir as required.
4) Over the vegetables, sprinkle the flour.
5) Stir well to combine and then cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
6) To this, add the broth and wine. Mix well.
7) Now, bring this mixture to a boil.
8) Reduce the heat to low and then add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
9) Cook this mixture until heated thoroughly, for 2 to 3 minutes.
10) Serve the Cauliflower in Parmesan Wine Sauce along with hot cooked rice and fried chicken pieces.