- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower Gratin Recipe
|Condensed cream of chicken soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), buttered|
|Bacon slices||4 , crumbled|
Calories 247 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38 mg
Sodium 449.7 mg18.7%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 16 g31.1%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 164.3%
Calcium 33.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim cauliflower into florets.
2. Combine crumbs and bacon
3. Preheat the oven to 350 °F
4. In a saucepan bring salted water to a boil.
5. Add the cauliflower and boil it for about 12 to 15 minutes until tender-crisp.
6. Drain in a colander when cooked.
7. In the meantime make the sauce my combining soup, milk and cheese on a saucepan.
8. Heat on low flame until cheese melts and sauce is slightly thick.
9. Arrange the cauliflower florets in a casserole dish.
10. Pour the sauce on top to cover completely.
11. Top with buttered breadcrumbs and bacon mixture.
12. Place in hot over and bake for 20 minute until the crumbs are golden and the sauce is bubbly.
13. Serve the gratin straight out of the oven as a side dish.