- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower Gratin Recipe Video
|Cauliflower head||1 Large, cut into florets|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (35%)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Grated parmesan||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Tablespoon, cut into small pieces|
Calories 460 Calories from Fat 132
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g22.3%
Saturated Fat 9.4 g47.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 39.6 mg
Sodium 772.6 mg32.2%
Total Carbohydrates 64 g21.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 26.4 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 7.3% Vitamin C 175.2%
Calcium 52.9% Iron 9.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degree F.
2. In a large bowl, add cauliflower, cream, flour, and ¾ cup of grated Parmesan.
3. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss well.
4. Into a 2-quart baking dish, transfer the mixture. Cover the dish tightly with lid.
5. Place the baking dish in oven, and bake for 30 minutes.
6. In a separate bowl, mix together ¼ cup of Parmesan and breadcrumbs.
7. Sprinkle breadcrumb mix over cauliflower.
8. Dot it with butter.
9. Return the dish back into the oven. Bake uncovered for 10-15 minutes or until the top is golden brown and cauliflower is cooked through.
10. Serve cauliflower gratin with salad.