- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower Cheese Recipe
|Boiling water||1 Pint (600 Milliliter)|
|Cornflour||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Dry english mustard||15 Milliliter (1 Teaspoon)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.2%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.7 mg
Sodium 1597 mg66.5%
Total Carbohydrates 78 g25.9%
Dietary Fiber 17.3 g69.2%
Sugars 29 g
Protein 33 g66.9%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 525.8%
Calcium 84.1% Iron 17.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut cauliflower in florets and keep in a dish.
2) Pour boiling water over the cauliflower, cook for 9-10 minutes, and then drain the water.
3) Make a thick paste with cornflour and little milk, and then stir in the remaining milk.
4) Boil the milk paste for 5 minutes on power, stirring after each minute.
5) Add half grated cheese along with pepper, dry mustard, and salt, stir well.
6) Pour the sauce over the cauliflower florets.
7) Sprinkle the remaining grated cheese and bake in an oven.
8) Garnish with pepper and serve hot.