- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower Caruso Recipe
|Cauliflower||1 Large, divided into flowerets, boiled and drained|
|Yellow onion||1 Small, peeled and finely chopped|
|Olive oil/Other cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Minced anchovy||1 Tablespoon|
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh chervil/1/2 teaspoon dried chervil||1 Teaspoon|
|Minced fresh basil/1/4 teaspoon dried basil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 146 Calories from Fat 70
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.3%
Saturated Fat 1.1 g5.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2.3 mg
Sodium 76.1 mg3.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 6 g11.3%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 182%
Calcium 7.7% Iron 9.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Keep the boiled and drained cauliflower warm by placing in a basin over a baine marie
2. In a large skillet, heat the oil.
3. Add onion and sauté it for 5-8 minutes until it is soft and lightly browned.
4. Add and sauté the anchovies with the onions for 1 minute.
5. Tip in the wine or broth and lemon juice and stir.
6. Reduce flame to low, cover pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Add the cauliflower to the pan and gently toss to mix.
8. Sprinkle parsley, herbs, and pepper over the cauliflower.
9. Re-cover the pan and simmer for 5-7 minutes stirring occasionally until well heated.
10. Dish out into a serving bowl and serve warm.