- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Low Calorie Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Quinoa flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Almond milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon (lite)|
|Cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shredded (lite)|
|Cooking oil spray||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 729 Calories from Fat 400
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 46 g71%
Saturated Fat 27.7 g138.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 73.2 mg
Sodium 1460.8 mg60.9%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.6%
Sugars 37.2 g
Protein 22 g44.5%
Vitamin A 41.5% Vitamin C 139.4%
Calcium 47.9% Iron 11.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) Spray down a skillet with olive oil spray and saute onions until translucent.
3) In a sauce pan, melt the butter and then add the quinoa flour and mix together to combine.
4) Stir in the almond milk and allow to thicken. Add the salt, pepper and sweet paprika.
5) Next, add the cheese and allow it to melt down for about 1 to 2 minutes.
6) To make the Au Gratin, in a casserole dish that has been liberally sprayed down with olive oil spray, place down a layer of cauliflower, then a layer of onions and finally a layer of your cheese sauce. Repeat until you have used up your ingredients. The cheese sauce layer should be the last layer.
7) Sprinkle the top with a little more sweet paprika.
8) Cover and bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour, making sure to mix the Au Gratin every 15 minutes.
9) Let the hot preparation sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
10) Serve the Au Gratin while it is still hot. Makes a really good side dish.