- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Everyday Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe
|Reduced calorie margarine||8 Teaspoon (Tub, 2 Tablespoons + 2 Teaspoons)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Skim milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, ground|
|Cauliflower florets||2 Cup (32 tbs), blanched|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded|
Calories 231 Calories from Fat 121
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32.1 mg
Sodium 593.2 mg24.7%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6%
Sugars 7.3 g
Protein 13 g25.7%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 40.6%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 4.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a 1-quart saucepan, heat the margarine over a medium heat until hot and bubbly, stir in the flour, blend well.
3) Gradually stir in the milk, then stir in the salt, pepper and nutmeg.
4) Stir frequently and cook over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, until the sauce is smooth and thickened.
5) In a 2-quart casserole, place the cauliflower florets, top with the sauce and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
6) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and lightly browned on top.
7) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.