- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Zuza zak's Weeknight Dinners: Cauliflower and Tomato Curry Recipe Video
|Cauliflower||1 , cut into chunks, wash|
|Onion||1 , chopped finely|
|Garlic clove||2 , chopped finely (or more to taste)|
|Ginger||10 Gram, peel and chopped|
|Chilies||3 , wash and chopped|
|Turmeric||2 Teaspoon (as needed)|
|Curry powder||To Taste (I used mild madras powder)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Fresh coriander||3 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon, divided (as needed)|
Calories 198 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.5%
Saturated Fat 1.7 g8.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 250.4 mg10.4%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.2%
Sugars 6.2 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 27.4% Vitamin C 184.2%
Calcium 8.8% Iron 18%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine oil, and turmeric. Blend well and pour on cauliflower. Mix well.
3. Pop cauliflower in oven and cook for 8 minutes.
4. Place a pot on flame, pour oil and saute onion, garlic, ginger, and chilies. Cook on low heat until soften.
5. Add curry powder, turmeric and pour some water. Fry for a few minutes.
6. Pour in canned tomatoes and simmer for a couple of minutes.
7. Stir in salt and cauliflower. Add more water, if needed and cook for 5 minutes.
8. Add coriander after 4 minutes of cooking and stir well. Continue to cook for a minute.
9. Serve hot with toasted naan bread.