- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cauliflower And Ham Chowder Recipe
|Sliced cauliflower||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Instant chicken bouillon granules||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Light cream/Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Diced fully cooked ham||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Shredded american cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1168 Calories from Fat 822
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.8%
Saturated Fat 57.2 g285.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 316.3 mg
Sodium 1591.1 mg66.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.4%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 44 g88%
Vitamin A 53.9% Vitamin C 84.7%
Calcium 83.2% Iron 14.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, place the light cream or milk, flour, and mustard.
2. Stir them together to mix well. Keep aside.
3. In a large microwaveable casserole, place the cauliflower, water, onion, and bouillon granules.
4. Cover the casserole and place it in the microwave.
5. In the microwave, cook the mixture on 100 per cent power or High for 6 to 8 minutes, till the cauliflower is tender, stirring once in between.
6. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the cream mixture and the ham.
7. Stir everything in to mix well.
7. Place the casserole back in the microwave. Do not cover.
9. In the microwave, cook themixture on 100 per cent power or High for 6 to 8 minutes, till it is bubbly, stirring once every minute till it starts thieckening, and thereafter every 30 seconds.
10. Continue cooking for 1 more minute.
11. Take the casserole out of the microwave, and add the cheese.
12. Stir the mixture to mix well.
13. Place the casserole back in the microwave. Do not cover.
14. In the microwave, cook the mixture on High for 30 seconds more.
15. Serve hot in soup bowls.