- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cajun Style Catfish Po-Boy Sandwich Recipe Video
|Shrimp and fish fry mix/Cornflour||1 Pound|
|Tony's creole seasoning||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Catfish fillet/Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Pound, cut into strips 2 inches long|
|Canola oil||1 Liter|
|French bread/Po-boy rolls||2|
|Butter||2 Tablespoon, softened|
|Ketchup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Prepared horse radish||2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, thinly sliced|
|Lettuce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
Calories 3825 Calories from Fat 3103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 351 g539.2%
Saturated Fat 32.3 g161.4%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 127.5 mg
Sodium 2889.8 mg120.4%
Total Carbohydrates 147 g49%
Dietary Fiber 6.9 g27.6%
Sugars 24.4 g
Protein 27 g54%
Vitamin A 47.5% Vitamin C 26%
Calcium 10.2% Iron 12.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, pour in the Shrimp & Fish Fry mix. Add flour, sea salt and Tony’s seasoning. Stir well.
2. Prepare the egg wash by breaking an egg into a mixing bowl. Whisk in some milk.
3. Prepare Catfish by cutting into strips somewhat like chicken tender strips.
4. Prepare the Po-Boy Rolls by slicing them up from the centre and butter them up. Pop them into the oven for a minute to melt the butter.
5. Prepare some cajun coctail sauce by mixing up the ketchup, prepared coarse radish and lime juice.
6. Using a heavy bottom deep pot, pour in fresh canola or vegetable oil. Heat on medium high heat.
7. Coat completely several pieces of catfish in the egg wash and cover completely.
8. Drop in the Shrimp & Fish Fry mixture. Toss the seafood around to fully coat with corn flour. Shake off excess and place on a platter. Continue this process until all the catfish is coated.
9. Once the oil is properly heated, carefully drop the catfish into the oil. Fry for a couple of minutes until it is golden brown.
10. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on layers of paper towels.
11. Place the fried catfish on the bread rolls and spread some cocktail sause on top. Also you can spread some mayo.
12. Place in the tomato slices, pickles, and shredded lettuce and top with bread.
13. This can be served just by itself or with some nice hot potato fries.