- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Catfish Nuggets Recipe Video
|Oil for deep frying||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Catfish fillet||2 Pound, cut (bite size pieces)|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1 Tablespoon|
|Corn bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweet onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), diced finely|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon, juiced|
|Egg white||4 Medium (FOR BATTER)|
|Beer||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR BATTER)|
|Buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (FOR BATTER)|
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Seasoning||1 Tablespoon (Old bay + Crushed red pepper)|
Calories 793 Calories from Fat 318
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 34 g52.9%
Saturated Fat 5.7 g28.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 556.3 mg23.2%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 44 g88.8%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 4.7%
Calcium 4.2% Iron 23.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If the catfish is as fillets, cut them to small bite size pieces.
2. Chop the onions.
3. In a bowl, take egg whites, beer, buttermilk and mix well to make a smooth batter. Keep aside.
4. In a wide mouthed shallow dish, put the flour and mix the seasoning with crushed red pepper and old bay. Mix well to incorporate.
5. In a large pan, heat oil for deep frying.
6. Take a large shallow wide-mouthed dish. Put the catfish pieces in it.
7. Add white pepper, dry mustard, cayenne pepper, crushed red pepper, cron bread crumbs, sweet onions, mayonnaise and Worcestershire sauce. Mix them well to coat the catfish with the ingredients.
8. Dip the catfish pieces in the batter and then roll it in the flour mix.
9. Put this in the hot oil and deep fry till golden brown.
10. Transfer them on a paper towel to drain off the excess oil.
11. In a serving plate, arrange the crispy nuggets, garnish it with some chopped chive and serve hot with sauce or any dip.