- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Catfish Meuniere Recipe
|Jumbo shrimp||12 , peeled and deveined|
|Onion||1 Small, chopped|
|Green onions||2 , sliced|
|Crabmeat||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft breadcrumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium, cut into strips|
|Milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Ounce|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4838 Calories from Fat 2495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 278 g427.1%
Saturated Fat 133.8 g669.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2952.9 mg
Sodium 5720 mg238.3%
Total Carbohydrates 175 g58.2%
Dietary Fiber 9.2 g36.8%
Sugars 32.7 g
Protein 399 g797.4%
Vitamin A 198.3% Vitamin C 287%
Calcium 125.7% Iron 200.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) With a sharp knife slit each shrimp beginning at large end and continuing till the curl. Slice the front deeply so as to lay the shrimp flat.
2) In a saucepan, heat 6 tablespoons butter and sauté onion till tender.
3) Add crabmeat and stir fry for 3 minutes.
4) Combine breadcrumbs.
5) Stuff the shrimps with crabmeat mixture.
6) In a 13- x 9- x 2-inch baking pan line the shrimp and green pepper strips. Keep aside.
7) In a bowl mix milk, eggs, salt, and pepper.
8) Rub the fillets in flour and dip in egg mixture.
9) Rub in flour again.
10) In a deep pan heat oil and deep fry fillets till golden brown.
12) Strain and keep aside.
13) In a small saucepan add 1/2 cup butter and lemon juice and stir over medium heat.
14) On serving platter put fish and spread lemon butter over fish with a spoon.
15) Broil shrimp and green pepper for 3 to 5 minutes.
16) On serving platter place shrimp and green pepper with catfish.
17) Decorate with tomato wedges, lemon wedges, and parsley.