- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Catalan Noodles With Seafood Recipe
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm)|
|Parsley||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||3 , skinned|
|Paprika||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|King prawns||8 Ounce|
|Fish stock||1 Liter|
|Vermicelli/Spaghetti||9 Ounce, broken|
|Saffron threads||1 Pinch, crushed|
Calories 1274 Calories from Fat 452
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g77.6%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 291.3 mg
Sodium 1295.7 mg54%
Total Carbohydrates 119 g39.8%
Dietary Fiber 11.4 g45.5%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 83 g166.5%
Vitamin A 94% Vitamin C 100.7%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 35.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mortar pound garlic cloves and parsley with a pestle.
2. In a deep wok or large frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of oil.
3. Gently cook onions and tomatoes until they soften.
4. Add garlic and parsley mixture and paprika.
5. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes.
6. Add all the seafood and stir to coat.
7. Add the stock and bring the mixture to boil.
8. Simmer over low heat for 5 minutes.
9. Spoon seafood from the wok and keep warm.
10. In a large wok or pan, heat remaining oil.
11. Add pasta and cook over a moderate heat until light golden brown.
12. Stir continuously and do not allow scorching.
13. Pour the remaining liquids from the wok onto the pasta.
14. Add saffron and bring to a boil.
15. Boil for 5 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the pasta is cooked and tender.
16. Spread cooked seafood on top.
17. Remove the wok from the heat.
18. Cover the wok with a thick cloth and leave for a couple of minutes.
19. Garnish with little parsley or serving from the wok and garlic mayonnaise.
20. Top with lemon wedges.
21. Serve immediately.