- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cassis Sherbet Ring with Gingered Fruit Recipe
|Lemon sherbet||1 Quart|
|Creme de cassis||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned sliced pineapple in juice||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (adjust quantity as needed)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (adjust quantity as per taste)|
|Corn syrup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Slivered fresh ginger root||2 Tablespoon, peeled|
|Cranberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (fresh or frozen)|
|Grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (mixed green and red variety)|
Calories 538 Calories from Fat 23
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g5.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.1 mg
Sodium 65.2 mg2.7%
Total Carbohydrates 130 g43.2%
Dietary Fiber 4.4 g17.6%
Sugars 95 g
Protein 1 g2.8%
Vitamin A 6.9% Vitamin C 92.2%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 3.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Spoon the sherbet mixture into a 5-cup ring mold. Freeze the mold until firm, for 6 hours or overnight.
3. Drain the juice from the sliced pineapple into a 1-cup glass measure. Cut the pineapple slices into thirds and place in a large bowl.
4. Peel and section the grapefruit with a sharp knife, holding the fruit over a clean bowl to catch the juices. Add the sections to the pineapple in the large bowl. Add the grapefruit juice to the pineapple juice in the measure. Add water to the juices to make 3/4 cup.
5. Combine the juices, sugar and corn syrup in a small saucepan. Bring the rnixture to boiling, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Add the gingerroot. Lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the cranberries and simmer for 1 minute. Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the syrup cool for 5 minutes. Add the syrup to the pineapple-grapefruit mixture in the large bowl.
6. Quarter and core the apple and the pear. Cut into bite-size pieces. Add to the bowl with the other fruit. Add the grapes. Refrigerate the fruit until chilled, basting the fruit several times with the syrup.
7. To unmold the sherbet ring, dip the mold in hot water for a minute or so. Invert a chilled serving plate with a low rim over the mold. Carefully turn the plate and the mold right-side up. Remove the mold. Place the ring in the freezer to firm. Just before serving, spoon the fruit with the syrup into the center of the ring and around the outside edge of the ring.