- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Casserole Roasted Pork With Vegetable Sauce Recipe
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Boneless rolled lean shoulder pork roast||3 Pound (1 Roast)|
|Yellow onion||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Carrot||1 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), peeled|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||3⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Dry white wine/Chicken broth||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Half and half||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2797 Calories from Fat 1392
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 156 g239.7%
Saturated Fat 44.9 g224.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 644.8 mg
Sodium 2781.5 mg115.9%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.8%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 284 g568.6%
Vitamin A 251.6% Vitamin C 21.4%
Calcium 24.9% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Lower the heat to moderate. Put the onion, carrot, and the whole cloves of garlic into the roasting pan, and cook, covered, for 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the pan from the heat, and add the salt, pepper, and rosemary.
3. Return the roast to the pan. Insert a meat thermometer into the center of the roast, and cover the pan. Cook the meat, basting it several times with the pan juices, until the thermometer registers 170°F—about 90 minutes. Remove the meat to a platter, and keep it warm.
4. Set the roasting pan on the stove over moderate heat. Add the wine and simmer for 2 minutes, scraping up any brown bits stuck to the pan. Tilt the pan and skim off all but about 1 tablespoon of the fat from the pan juices. Mash the vegetables with a fork, and boil the sauce for 1 minute. Strain it through a sieve. Discard the vegetables.
5. Return the sauce to the pan and add the half-and-half. Warm the sauce over moderate heat until heated through—about 1 minute.
6. Gut the strings from the pork and carve the meat into 1/4-inch slices. Serve with the sauce and with French Green Peas.