- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Casserole Of Wild Rice Chicken Livers And Sausage Recipe
|Pork sausage meat||1 Pound|
|Chicken livers||3⁄4 Pound, halved at the natural separation|
|Yellow onions||2 Large, peeled and minced|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, wiped clean and sliced thin|
|Wild rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed in cold water|
|Chicken broth||1 Quart|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Poultry seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4145 Calories from Fat 1933
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 217 g333.2%
Saturated Fat 92.5 g462.6%
Trans Fat 1.2 g
Cholesterol 1766.8 mg
Sodium 8576.7 mg357.4%
Total Carbohydrates 359 g119.7%
Dietary Fiber 41.4 g165.6%
Sugars 20.6 g
Protein 205 g409.7%
Vitamin A 813% Vitamin C 126%
Calcium 37% Iron 257.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 325° F.
2) In a large heavy kettle, cook the sausage meat and lightly brown over a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
3) Remove with a slotted spoon and keep aside, reserve 1/4 cup drippings.
4) Saute the chicken livers in the drippings over a medium- high heat for 3-4 minutes until lightly browned, then chop and add to the sausage.
5) In the same kettle, saute the onions in 2 tablespoons reserved drippings over a medium heat for 5-8 minutes until golden.
6) Stir in the mushrooms and saute for further 2-3 minutes. Then, stir in the rice, broth, and all seasonings, gently simmer for 20 minutes.
7) Mix in the sausage, chicken livers, and cream with a fork.
8) In a greased 3-quart casserole, spoon the mixture and bake without the lid for 20-30 minutes until the rice is dry and tender.
9) Fluff the rice and serve immediately in a nice plate.