- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Casserole Of Sole Veronique Recipe
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sole fillets||2 1⁄2 Pound|
|Sliced mushrooms||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White seedless grapes/Seeded grapes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Grated cheese||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 690 Calories from Fat 288
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.2%
Saturated Fat 18.8 g93.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 214.5 mg
Sodium 501.3 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.81 g3.2%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 63 g125.8%
Vitamin A 18.9% Vitamin C 57.2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) In a skillet, heat the milk and put in the fish when the milk is just below the boiling point. Gently poach the fish for 5 minutes.
3) In half of the buter, sauté the mushrooms for about 3 minutes and put them, along with the grapes, in a casserole which has been lightly buttered. Drain the fish and arrange it on the top.
4) With the flour, remaining butter and milk in which the fish was poached, make a sauce and season it with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour the sauce all over the fish.
5) Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs together and sprinkle them all over the fish. Dot with some butter and cook for 25 to 30 minutes or till the top has turned golden brown.
6) Serve hot with a tomato salad, buttered green peas and parsley-buttered potatoes.