- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Casserole Cauliflower Recipe
|Cauliflower||2 1⁄2 Pound (1 Large One)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sifted|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Celery||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Soda cracker crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Regular wheat germ||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.7%
Saturated Fat 8.1 g40.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 34.4 mg
Sodium 526.9 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.8%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 146.6%
Calcium 13.9% Iron 8.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim the green leaves from cauliflower and cut the head into florets.
2) In a large saucepan, boil the water with salt.
3) Add cauliflower florets into water and cover the pan.
4) Cook the florets for 7 minutes or until crisp tender.
5) Drain the florets.
6) In a shallow-6-cups baking dish, place the florets.
7) In a small saucepan, melt 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine.
8) In the pan, add flour and salt.
9) Cook the flour until bubbly, stirring continuously.
10) Add milk and continue cooking until sauce thickens, while stirring constantly.
11) Mix celery and mustard in the sauce and pour it over cauliflower.
12) In a small frying pan, melt the remaining butter and remove the pan from heat.
13) In the pan, add cracker crumbs and wheat germ.
14) Pour the mixture on the edges of the baking dish.
15) In a moderate oven at temperature 375Â°, bake the cauliflower for 20 minutes or until topping is browned.
16) Serve the warm cauliflower as side dish.